A healthy immune system is vital for helping your body deal with infections caused by viruses, bacteria, fungus, and environmental toxins. As the winter months approach, it becomes even more important to support your immune system by consistently eating a balanced diet, exercising, and making healthy lifestyle choices.
A Strong Foundation:
- Avoid food dye. Food colorings in foods and drinks have a negative impact on focus, attention, and mood. Select dye-free foods to promote better concentration.
- Brain food. A good breakfast: oatmeal with fruit and nuts, eggs, greek yogurt with fruit, or whole grain toast with nut butter are hearty ways to start the day. Supplement with fish oil for brain support.
- *Probiotics. Balanced gut flora is essential for a strong immune system, reduced fatigue, and regular bowel movements. ThreeLac is a gentle, lemon flavored powder probiotic.
- *Lymphatic drainers. These are homeopathic liquid medications that drain toxins out of the lymph glands, boosting your immune system.
- *Virotox. Is your child catching every bug that goes around at school? Virotox is a homeopathic liquid medication that kills viruses.
*Available at Alternative Medicine Associates